"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."- William Wallace


About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing positive person. May be quiet, but never make myself unapproachable. I enjoy writing,nature,and people. One thing that I will share with everyone is that I don't search in life, I don't search success,love and happiness. Rather, I work hard and then the rewards that are due are awarded to me.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Prejudice Moment


If your a female that resides in Brooklyn, you would expect a male or already had a male watch or speak to you seductively or in slang, "holla'd" at you. I naturally am not prideful but when I feel violated, my whole mood changes. I remember walking to my church one day to do some community service where I spotted from a distance, a male sitting infront of his building relaxed but had already spotted me as well. I automatically thought "Here goes another one." I continued to walk until he yelled, "Hey, you dropped something!" Becoming prideful, I proceeded in my steps, feeling confident that he was pulling a slick one. But he repeated himself a third time and I eventually turned around to see this something. To my surpise, I had dropped my phone case. He babbled on to saying a few words that made me feel semi retarded. Yet, through my feelings I had learned that not all males are the same. He also said he knew my face through mutual friends we shared which also explained his stare.
From a block away, I had already put a male into a category that he was far from. Imagine if the caucasian lady got to hear Brent humming Beethoven and Vivaldi's Four Seasons? I am pretty sure,she would have felt as foolish as I did. Like Brent, he had become a victim to my prejudice thoughts that did not even come across his.

No comments:

Post a Comment